IDM Advanced Certificate in Digital Copywriting
(CDIG) - This course is ONLINE, e-learning and virtual classroom
During your Advanced Certificate in Digital Copywriting, you will learn to:
- Write clear and structured copy for digital media
- Develop a strong and persuasive style that works for your brand
- Optimise your copy for search engines
- Master different approaches for different digital channels
- Have the confidence to assess copy that works, and make recommendations for improvements
Get in touch...
To discuss your options, please get in touch with one of our learning and development team:
|Start||Study Mode||Location||Course Fee|
|Contact email@example.com for next available start date||Online||Online||S$2,800.00|
NB: All prices above are shown in Singapore Dollars (S$) and are subject to GST at prevailing rates.
- Using plain language
- Crafting sentences with impact
- Breaking up paragraphs for easier scanning
- Headings and sub-headings
- Essential elements of style for digital copywriters
- Using the active voice
- How to nail the ‘voice’ of your brand
- Clichés to avoid and how to replace them with more effective copy
- How to identify keywords to target for search marketing
- Using keywords ‘on the page’ for relevance
- Internal and external linking
- SEO for blogs and articles
- Getting subject lines right
- Optimising your body copy
- Sender field, sign-off and ‘envelope’ content
- Getting the call to action right
- Personalising copy for maximum impact
- Establishing a conversational tone for blogs and social media
- Structuring blogs for higher engagement
- Social media copy – writing for reduced character counts
- Storytelling elements – using emotion to engage readers
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials.
Online classrooms run fortnightly. These will be live and recorded and last 90 minutes each.
Each week there will be a short writing task to complete for which you will receive individual feedback on for the following class. There will also be a written assessment at the end of the course.
Tim Tucker F IDM, 23 Digital
Tim is a digital content strategist and copywriter. He works as an independent consultant and trainer, working with businesses in B2C and B2B, as well as charities and governmental organisations. He is a regular consultant with the National Trust and the Content Marketing Association.
Tim started his career in print media, as a journalist and editor at Future Publishing. Here he wrote and edited content across specialist interest sectors, including video games, music making, photography, computing and technology.
In 1999 he became an online publisher and launched GamesRadar.com, one of the world’s most visited video games websites. In 2004 he formed part of the senior management team at Future, heading up the newly formed New Media division.
As Online Group Senior Editor at Future Publishing, Tim worked on the strategy and development of some of the company’s most successful online launches, including T3.com, TechRadar.com, MusicRadar.com, BikeRadar.com and TotalFilm.com.