IDM Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing – Online
(Dip DigM) - This course is ONLINE, e-learning and virtual classroom
During the Diploma in Digital Marketing, you will learn to:
- Understand how data underpins the effectiveness of your campaigns and the experience you give your customers.
- Implement effective customer relationship management techniques like journey planning, personas and segmentation.
- Learn to juggle the big campaign moments and your year round activity.
Understand all the channels available to you, and how non digital channels can work alongside digital channels.
- Select the right channels for the right audiences and campaigns.
- Develop a top level campaign strategy, and the channel strategies which feed into it.
- Analyse which channels you should continue to invest in and those you should re-consider.
Plan your budget to make the most of ‘always on’ channel activity and your big campaigns.
Get in touch...
To discuss your options, please get in touch with one of our learning and development team:
|Start||Study Mode||Location||Course Fee||Exam Fee|
|1 March 2021||Online||Online||S$4,350.00||S$620.00|
NB: All prices above are shown in Singapore Dollars (S$) and are subject to GST at prevailing rates.
- The power of omnichannel campaigns
- Implementing the integrated planning process
- Facilitating change for integrated planning
- Create a customer centric communications plan
- Know your customers
- Building a communications strategy
- Analysing your omnichannel campaign
- Transform data into insights for continuous improvement
- Using insights to influence marketing strategy
- Setting the budget
- Managing the budget
- Measuring the ROI
- GDPR & Consumer trust
- GDPR & lawful processing – consent
- GDPR & lawful processing – alternatives to consent
- Profiling under GDPR
- Strategic campaign briefing
- Developing a proposition
- Evaluating creativity
- An introduction to the marketing channel mix
- Online marketing
- Offline marketing
- Developing a content strategy
- Delivering a content strategy
- Amplify, measure and optimise your content
- Developing a social media channel strategy
- Developing a social media campaign strategy
- Choose the right metrics to measure social success
- Customer centric website strategy
- Website and campaign strategy
- Measuring the effectiveness of websites
- Developing your email channel strategy
- Developing your email campaign strategy
- Measuring email success
- An introduction to mobile marketing strategy
- Developing a mobile marketing strategy
- Measure and test your mobile marketing activity
- Affiliate marketing strategy
- Display marketing strategy
- Search engine marketing strategy
- Why use direct mail and how to plan it
- Why use door drop and how to plan it
- Creating your mail campaign
The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is designed for:
- Marketing managers and aspiring marketing managers, who want to improve their results
- Professionals that want to advance their career and create an impact on their organisation’s marketing performance
- Goal oriented people that want to master omnichannel marketing
- Professionals that want to feel confident when planning the next marketing campaign and need to achieve broad marketing planning skills
- Professionals that want to master a broader range of marketing channels
- People who want to revamp their approach to campaign planning and marketing strategy
- Managers who want to harness the power of CRM to build and deliver marketing more effectively
- Marketing professionals who want to craft a potent marketing mix with expert advice on search engine marketing, display and social media, email, content and mobile marketing
Enjoy the flexibility of accessing the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing, devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months.
Registration opens on the 1st of the month but you can register and start up to 4 weeks after this date.
This programme can be fully customised and delivered to your staff in-house. Find out more about our tailored online corporate training courses.
To support your studies
- Every delegate has an online learning account which includes:
- eLearning modules on the key digital channels
- Online course materials
- Best practice guides from DMA councils on topics like social media, data, etc.
- Case studies from DMA Awards winners
- Links to industry leading blogs, whitepapers and websites.
For online delegates – Industry expert David Hearn will run each of the live webinars scheduled throughout the online programme, and will be there to answer any questions you may have about the course / assessments.
Delegates are automatically enrolled as IDM members, giving access to events and a free Euromonitor subscription for the latest consumer research (worth £170 pa)
Exams and assessments
In order to attain the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing you must successfully pass two assignments and one exam.
- You will have five weeks to complete each assignment and three hours to complete the exam
- Exams take place in March, June and November at over 3,500 venues around the world
Pass marks and grades
Assignment marks are weighted. Assignment 1 is weighted at 40% and Assignment 2 is weighted at 60%.
- To pass you will need a minimum of 45% in each assignment and exam to pass.
- If one or both assignments don’t meet the minimum pass mark, your tutor will discuss this with you and may be considered by the Board of Examiners in conjunction with your exam results.
- To obtain a CREDIT you must pass both papers and achieve an overall average of 60%. For a DISTINCTION you must pass both papers and achieve an overall average of 70%.
Tim Hamill F IDM, Director, Data Ketchup
Tim has over 25 years of marketing experience specialising in helping businesses utilise data to improve their marketing and commercial decision making.
During his career he’s held several senior roles at Royal Mail, driving their marketing, market insight product development, and creative services.
He is a founding partner of data-driven creative marketing consultancy Data Ketchup and a Director of Customer Content for 3d Mapping Company.
For the last five years, he’s been an IDM tutor teaching qualifications on direct marketing, finance, and data. He was named IDM educator of the year for 2019.
Steve Kemish F IDM, Managing Partner, JunctionAgency
Steve is a multi-award-winning marketer and has worked in digital marketing since 1997. He has worked client-side, helped grow a leading email service provider, consulted to numerous clients on digital strategy, and helped build one of the most respected and awarded B2B marketing agencies in the UK.
His passionate and insightful approach has gained him numerous industry awards. In recent years his work has seen wins at the B2B Marketing awards (five times) Database Marketing awards (twice), New Media Age awards, Revolution Digital Marketing awards, CRN awards, IDM Marketing awards, PPA and DMA awards.
He has worked on digital marketing and strategy with many global brands including Motorola, Cisco, ITV, Lego, Skype, British Airways and Oracle.
A highly regarded speaker, lecturer and writer, Steve has worked with the IDM since 2004 on various courses and events and has been invited to speak throughout the world on the subject of digital marketing. He was appointed a Fellow in 2009, making him one of their youngest ever appointments.
As well as his role at Junction he is an IDM tutor, a member of the IDM Digital Council, a guest lecturer at various British universities and a longstanding Superbrands judge.
David Hearn F IDM, Creative Technology Director Arcstream AV
David Hearn F IDM has been a marketer for 30 years, starting at the Economist, before moving to agency FCB, working for British Airways and The Australian Tourist Commission. He then became co-owner of direct and digital agency AHK, developing successful customer acquisition and retention programmes for, amongst others, Royal Mail, 3M, Canon and Adobe.
David is now working in creative technology for Arcstream AV, delivering interactive marketing solutions for major brands including Ford, GSK, EY and Schroders. Helping bridge digital and face-to-face engagements.
With wide experience in both B2C and B2B markets, he has been sharing his expertise and experience for over 20 years as a trainer and tutor for the IDM. David also lectures at universities and delivers a series of online professional training webinars.